During the Holiday and Christmas Seasons, we all get an abundance of holiday greeting cards. Once the holiday has passed, what do you do with them?
Don’t throw them away!
I have 15 creative ideas to share with you, on how you can recycle and reuse those Greeting Cards.
1. Holiday Place Card Settings. Cut down your greeting card to a 4″ high by 3″ wide size. Fold and score the card in the center, making a ‘tent’ shape. You can write the guests name inside the card.
2. Postcards. Cut the back off. Use the front side as a postcard.
3. Beverage Coasters. Cut your card to a 4″ square size. You now have disposable beverage coasters for your next party. If you would like permanent coasters, seal the design in clear contact paper.
4. Refrigerator Magnets. Cut out pretty designs from the front. Seal the design with clear contact paper.
Glue a small magnet on the back.
5. Coat and Sweater Pins. Cut out some small pretty designs from your cards. Glue a 1″ pin closure onto the back.
6. Recipe Cards. Cut down your card to measure 3″x 5″ in size. Write your favorite holiday recipes on the blank backside. You can hand them out at your holiday party or at your cookie exchange party.
7. Wall Decorations. You can mat and frame your greeting cards.
8. Scrapbooking and Cardmaking. To make your items archival safe, lightly spray them with Archival Mist.
9. Bookmarks. Cut your card to a 1 1/2″ by 7″ size. Use a hole punch to punch a hole near the top edge. Attach a ribbon or tassel through the hole.
10. Gift Bag and Package Tags. Cut down to a 1″ by 3″ size. Hole punch a hole in the left upper corner so that you can attach the tag to the package with ribbon.
Tree Ornaments. Cut out 3″ and 4″ diameter designs. Hole punch a hole near the top center. Use ribbon to make a hanger.
12. Jar Lid Toppers. If you are making gift mixes to give as Holiday gifts, cut out a circle design to fit the top of your jar lid. Glue to the jar lid using all-purpose crafting glue or a scrapbooking glue stick.
13. Holiday Placemats. Cut a sheet of poster board to desired placement length. Glue card fronts onto poster board. Seal both sides of poster board with clear contact paper.
14. Charm Tags. Cut out 2″ diameter circles. Hole punch a hole near the to center edge. Using a key chain finding, insert chain through hole. Instant way to dress up your purse, backpack, and key chains for the holidays.
15. CD/DVD Jewel Case Covers. Dress up those holiday self-made DVD’s and CD’s by making your own jewel case covers. Cut down greeting cards to fit inside the case, using the case as a template.
I hope these 15 crafty ideas have inspired your own creative ideas. Remember, Don’t throw them away. It’s time to Recycle and Reuse those greeting cards!
TerriO shows scrapbooking ideas, creative clothing, mother’s day card, cool lanterns, t-shirts and Armed Forces Day craft at www.aterrioshow.com